03 April 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms

My friend Miranda makes the most wonderful stuffed mushrooms.  When she moved out of town this summer, I remembered to complain vociferously to her about the loss of her from our soccer team, and from happy hour martini time, and from our regular games of cribbage, but I forgot to complain that she was taking my mushrooms away.



I remembered just last month when I started craving them.  Luckily, while you can't play soccer or cribbage on the phone, you can relay recipes.   I was thrilled to discover that I could recreate her magic in my own kitchen.  These mushrooms are just so crabby and yummy; I've never had stuffed mushrooms like them!

To experience this bliss, follow this recipe...


(0) Preheat oven to 350

Chop up:
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1/3 cup roasted red peppers
2 cloves garlic
1 small yellow onion (optional)

(1) Saute on medium heat approximately 5 minutes.

Then add:
1 can of crabmeat
4 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces feta crumbles
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 cup fresh spinach, de-stemmed and chopped
ground pepper (optional)

(2) Stir until cream cheese gets gooey, then remove pan from heat.  This is your stuffing.

(3) Wash 8 portabella mushrooms by wiping down with wet cloth, then de-gill them with a spoon.  Brush outsides of mushroom with olive oil, place mushrooms in even layer in pyrex pan or baking sheet.  Fill mushrooms with stuffing.



(4) Bake for approximately 30 minutes (time varies based on size of mushrooms, bake until they are hot but not drying).

(5) Add slices of provolone cheese to tops of mushrooms, bake for 5 more minutes.

(6) Serve hot!



As a side note:  leftover mushrooms are delicious chopped up, sauteed, and served on pasta.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm! That sounds really good! I've been looking for a good stuffed mushroom recipe. I'll try it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to make these just so I can have them in some pasta. I'm glad your friend was willing to share her recipe with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have to find time after an A2MQG meeting for a game of cribbage!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love any kind of stuffed mushrooms, and I'll definitely try this version soon!

    ReplyDelete

Chime in! (I like chimes!)