I remembered just last month when I started craving them. Luckily, while you can't play soccer or cribbage on the phone, you can relay recipes. I was thrilled to discover that I could recreate her magic in my own kitchen. These mushrooms are just so crabby and yummy; I've never had stuffed mushrooms like them!
To experience this bliss, follow this recipe...
(0) Preheat oven to 350
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1/3 cup roasted red peppers
2 cloves garlic
1 small yellow onion (optional)
(1) Saute on medium heat approximately 5 minutes.
1 can of crabmeat
4 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces feta crumbles
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 cup fresh spinach, de-stemmed and chopped
ground pepper (optional)
(2) Stir until cream cheese gets gooey, then remove pan from heat. This is your stuffing.
(3) Wash 8 portabella mushrooms by wiping down with wet cloth, then de-gill them with a spoon. Brush outsides of mushroom with olive oil, place mushrooms in even layer in pyrex pan or baking sheet. Fill mushrooms with stuffing.
(4) Bake for approximately 30 minutes (time varies based on size of mushrooms, bake until they are hot but not drying).
(5) Add slices of provolone cheese to tops of mushrooms, bake for 5 more minutes.
(6) Serve hot!
As a side note: leftover mushrooms are delicious chopped up, sauteed, and served on pasta.