25 February 2011

Walking

Thanks for commiserating with me over my car accident!    I am just fine and already 2/3rds done with my shopping list: thread and ibuprofin, not the rather more expensive car.  I don't drive to work (I bus or walk) so I am not in a hurry when it come to the car.
Speaking of walking distance…Ann Arbor now has its own branch of the Modern Quilt Guild! And they meet at the Downtown library, which is rather perfectly half-way between my work and home.

I went to the Quilt Guild in Brighton during the summer months, but most of the year I have a scheduling conflict with their Monday meetings (boo…).   I'm excited to have a group that's so close to my home and that meets on Wednesdays!  I'll probably do both guilds during the summer when my schedule is looser and the days are longer.

It's always fun to go to guild meetings, find out what other people are up to, ask questions, and give advice. 

Have you looked at the list of people that took the Process Pledge lately?  547 people!  It's more than I can follow on a regular basis, but I had some extra time today and decided to let random.org send me to a few blogs.  I looked at quite a few, here are the ones that were posting about their process:

#417 is Seams Sew Creative ... Janice is starting a new quilt soon and will be blogging each step.  Sounds awesome!


#436 is Bella Lou who just posted a tutorial for making a lovely cushion cover:

#387 is a photographer and beachcomber: Quercus Design.  I love this post about picking up plastic out of a moral obligation and then starting to find it beautiful. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to hear about an A2 Modern Quilt Guild! I'm out of town for research this semester and most of the summer, but I'll be back in the fall and *can't wait.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I live in Ann Arbor, too. When does the new guild meet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. last Wednesday of the month. the link is in my post above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the news on the AA guild. I never made it up to Brighton. But hope to get to the local meeting in March or April.

    ReplyDelete

Chime in! (I like chimes!)