23 February 2011

Crash!

It's that time of year where as soon as I cross one thing off of my to do list, two more get added.  So, I've been working 12+ hours a day and struggling not to totally crash out as soon as I get home each night.  Luckily, next week is "spring" break at school, so I'll have some more time to myself and I'll be able to do more than work and crash, work and crash.

Speaking of crashing...look what happened to my car!



Poor baby!  All he ever did was drive 217,000 in 16 years and be a good handsome boy.  And then some silly driver rear-ended him and pushed him into the car he was behind (which hit the next car, which hit the next car.) Oi vey.  Luckily no one was hurt.  I was a little bit achey the next day, nothing that an ibuprofin wouldn't have taken care of, but the funny thing is, I was on my way to buy some ibuprofin when the crash occurred.

I was also on my way to the fabric store as I needed some more thread...the cross quilt top is almost put together.  Once I get my hands on some thread I should be able to finish it up!

That's the shopping list at the moment:  car, thread, ibuprofin.

6 comments:

  1. Yikes Rossie, that's no good. Just be careful with your neck, a bit achey one day, can't get out of bed the next - we've all heard such stories. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Oh no! At least you have a sense of humour about it; I'd be having a fit. Take it easy...no hurry on anything, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a bummer! But you did get 16 years out him, and that's something else. Such a good little Honda. I love mine too. Hope your achey doesn't hang around and you get to get back to that sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Rossie, I'm glad you're ok! And I'm so sorry for your lovely Honda, the poor guy. Best of luck shopping for all the items on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Looks like the car will need more than ibruprofen! Just make sure take good care of your neck. Whiplash injuries are not nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry to hear about your crash! I got rear-ended this week too, but not as hard (no damage to me, but the jerk's car will need work). Hope things start looking up again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Chime in! (I like chimes!)