Also, I'm going to be on Pat Sloan's Creative Talk Network tomorrow (Monday, September 20th). The show airs at 4pm EST here: http://toginet.com/shows/creativetalkradio I'm the second guest, so you'll hear me right around 4:30.
You can catch the show live or listen to it after the fact (it is recorded and you can play it on your computer or download it to a player.) There will also be a giveaway of some of my plexi shapes on Pat's blog, enter by Friday @ noon: http://www.patsloan.typepad.com
And here I was just minding my own business making things with cloth and running my mouth about processes and mutants and such. Hmmm. I wonder if I can parlay this into free beer. ; ) Probably not. : (
My jeans...want to see them?
Anyway, a tutorial on some new dye stuff will be posted soon. I've been playing with a new book and some cotton of an interesting texture...must share!
Edited to add:
A few links to stuff we talked about in the interview:
- Where to go for the giveaway: Pat's Blog
- A clip of Malka Dubrawsky explaining itajime shibori: Quilting Arts clip
- Simply Robin explains flat dyeing: Flat Dyeing
- The process pledge: The Process Pledge
- Video of my lecture on modern quilting: Modern Quilting, Mutant Quilting lecture
- Cheryl Arkinson (Naptime Quilter) on modern quilts as throwback quilts: Throwback Quilts
- The flickr group: Fresh Modern Quilts